Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes Saturday April 28, 2012

Posted by coconut-nj 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 0:46

You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.
Hal Borland Author 1900-1978

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.
William Blake Poet, painter 1757-1827

As we grow older we should become not less radical but more so.
Margaret Laurence Author, environmentalist 1926-1987

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes Saturday April 28, 2012

What a marvelous week.
Every quote you posted was one I would have liked to have posted. Thanks you very much.

o

Wonderful quotes - I am sure you planted seeds this week.
Thank you

o

I also enjoyed reading them. The sheer fact of existing as a human impacts everything around us, though. It's a good thing when people begin to be aware of that impact. Some choose to act on this knowledge, and some don't. All of us who do, still are faced with choices on a daily basis. Sadly, there are some things we find little control over, such as the 'disposability' of consumer products anymore. This disposability is built into the product for several reasons, one of which is to make it cheaper to the consumer, but it also insures continued purchases when the repairs are more expensive than a new product. Technology also forces begrudging consumerism. Ever try to run a dos program on windows seven?

We mention how consumer oriented Americans are compared to other countries, but you will find given the same availability to goods and services as we have been fortunate enough to have, I suspect you'll find all human species are pretty much the same and their lust will expand directly proportionally to their ability to acquire.

It's sometimes disheartening, but alls we can do is what we can do over which we have control. That's not a lot to ask, really.

Thanks for the good week of quotes.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 15:16

Thanks for your quotes, this week. They were all good and worth reading over and over.

o

Great Quotes for this week. A lot to think about.

Had to grin about the first quote of today. He has not met the squirrels in my back yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here