Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 12 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 1:01

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Albert Einstein

And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
William Shakespeare

He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
Socrates

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.
e. e. cummings

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin

Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The bluebird carries the sky on his back.
Henry David Thoreau

Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does.
George Bernard Shaw

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
John Lubbock

Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'
Robin Williams

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 12 - 14

Don, you outdid yourself today. There is not one quote I can't wholeheartedly agree with. Thank you for a good start of the weekend.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 8:41

I hope your TV station shows some pictures of the Cherry Blossoms in Wash., D.C. They're at the peak of their bloom and the parade is today. And it looks as if the weather will cooperate; at 8:38 a.m., the temp is already 52 degrees, the sky is clear and blue, and the sunshine is very welcome. All of the tourists who have come to D.C. for this festival should be happy, today.

Don, the quotes are heart-warming and should remind all of us to look around and appreciate the natural beauty which God gives us; thank you for them.

o

Inspirational quotes for today and to remember. I know I am fortunate to live close to Nature. Asked if it is hard makes me laugh, of course, it isn't easy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

o

Great quotes today. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here