Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday April 27, 2012

Posted by coconut-nj 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 1:03

Oh Beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grain, For strip-mined mountain's majesty above the asphalt plain. America, America, man sheds his waste on thee, And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.
George Carlin Comedian, actor, author

As crude a weapon as the cave man's club, the chemical barrage has been hurled against the fabric of life.
Rachel Carson Writer, scientist, and ecologist 1907-1964

Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, Nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of Nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.
Thomas Alva Edison Inventor 1847-1931

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday April 27, 2012

I hate to fly over Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia. As much as I love window seats, I try not to look out there, those destroyed mountains are so hard to look at.
Good reminders for all of us.

o
RE: Friday April 27, 2012

I remember visiting an abandoned Tin mine in Malasia and it was horrendous. The had mined top down and there were huge craggy holes in the earth as far as the eye could see.
We were on a tour and the guide and the few people that lived near the craters seemed proud to show off their "natural resources".
They explained that their tin products and workmanship were all over the world.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here