Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 4 - 27 - 14

User
9 years ago

When you start about family, about lineage and ancestry, you are talking about every person on earth.
Alex Haley

If the means were available, we could trace our ancestry - yours and mine - back to the first blob of life-like material that came into being on the planet.
Clifford D. Simak

The man who has nothing to boast of but his illustrious ancestry is like the potato - the best part under ground.
Thomas Overbury

Character is better than ancestry, and personal conduct is of more importance than the highest.
Thomas John Barnardo

And, you know, the fact is, if you believe in evolution, we all have a common ancestor, and we all have a common ancestry with the plant in the lobby. This is what evolution tells us. And, it's true. It's kind of unbelievable.
Jeff Hawkins

Comments (3)

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

Good ones. When you think about it, we re all connected and we are each a unique individual - there is comfort in that.

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

I like today's quotes, all living matter started out the same and the Bernardo quote states what realy is important.

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

I like the Clifford D. Simak qote.
    The means is actually starting to be available here in Silicon Valley. There are companies that will collect your DNA for a fee, and match it up with known DNA.
    Some day in the future, way beyond my time, I think we'll be able to go "back to the first blob of life-like material that came into being on the planet."

Sponsored
More Discussions