Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 19 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 1:17

I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.
Benjamin Franklin

If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.
Mark Twain

In the morning a man walks with his whole body; in the evening, only with his legs.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.
William Feather

It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
John Steinbeck

It seems to me that trying to live without friends is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it.
Zora Neale Hurston

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 19 - 14

My favorite time, morning. I had to laugh at the Feahter quote, the rest of the family are morning grumps.

On my way out of the door.

o

I like the Feather quote. I am not a grump really, but I like to start the day quietly and ease into it.

o

lol at Mark Twain. It makes as much sense as in our knitting circle. If you have to knit two socks, knit the second one first, so you don't have the dreaded second sock syndrome.
DH totally agrees with the Feather quote

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here