Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 11 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 1:31

Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realised that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.
John Lennon

Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.
R. D. Laing

What garlic is to salad, insanity is to art.
Augustus Saint-Gaudens

What a fine line there is between artistry and insanity. There's no formula for it, and I think a lot of people when they're around you - even those closest to you - when you're in that whirl of creativity and you're grabbing those things out of the air, there's no rational process.
Ronnie Dunn

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Oscar Levant

I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity. The only difference is one of degree. A man who sees a gourd and takes it for his wife is called insane because this happens to very few people.
Desiderius Erasmus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 11 - 14

Think we all have a little streak of insanity in us, the follow-up preceding mine seems to prove it?

o

I agree with Albert Einstein .But that last one makes me laugh. I would never have thought of it, if I had not read it.
lilo, I don't see a follow-up preceding yours. Hmmm?

o

Who among us isn't a little nutty. I feel like Oscar Levant, busy erasing the line. Just about have it done.

o

Just imagine everybody completely rational - it would be a robot world and no fun anywhere. Thanks Don for reminding us that a bit of insanity helps us to enjoy life, I definitely have my share.

o

West Gardener, apparently management took it down, it was some weird spam

o

Good thing they took it down. We don't need "weird spam".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here