Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 2 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 1:56

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
Satchel Paige

I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing 'Happy Birthday.'
Steven Wright

It takes a long time to become young.
Pablo Picasso

To me - old age is always ten years older than I am.
Bernard Baruch

We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.
Lauren Hutton

I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child, now I have reversed the order and I intend to remain young indefinitely.
Mary Pickford

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
Robert Frost

I was born full grown in the middle of a hurricane and an earthquake on 10 September 1954, 12.52 P.M. When I found out that I had missed lunch, I gave such a shout that the Earth stopped and spun backwards two days. That's why I celebrate my birthday on 8 September.
Jon Scieszka

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 2 - 14

Totally agree with Robert Frost. Very tactful! Thx Don.

o

Appreciated quotes today. I have gotten to the age when, first thing in the morning, one makes sure one is still alive before planning the day's activities ;o)

o

I particularly like Bernard Baruch.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 13:16

I don't mind being old, it's just the aches and pains that accompany it that are a pain in the 'you know what'! In fact, I like the freedom that comes with age--I am much quicker to say and do what I want, than I was even just 30 years, ago. If what I say or do doesn't conform to the way society thinks an 'old lady' should act -- tough!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Great quotes, Don, as always.

o

Luv this one:"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
Satchel Paige
I don't know, I seem to age in different phases in different places in my body. Some days I'm feeling just fine and other days not so much.
I'd say my hearing is just as good as it was as a youngster, my eyes are older than my hearing. My wrinkles are spastic, hardly any in my face, but tons in other places, etc...
I don't know how old I am.

o

I am ready to give up. Posted on this 3 times today, the first one around 0630 AM, and it never got there. Anyhow, thanks for the quotes, Satchel Page and Bernard Baruch are my two favorites

o

anneliese, I've had problems posting to GW also.But they warned us that they are tinkering with the code.

On the other hand, it took up to three hours to send an E from two big business emails.They never explained anything.
At least GW told us what they were doing,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here