Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 18 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 2:18

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot

The world is a country which nobody ever yet knew by description; one must travel through it one's self to be acquainted with it.
Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do.
John Muir

To travel is to take a journey into yourself.
Danny Kaye

Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who's connected with it, the studio's gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that's left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago.
Tom Waits

Travel is one of the best anti-war weapons that there are. I've been to Iran, and if you're there you see little kids, cops, old people, cemeteries. Once you see that, you can't say, 'Oh, Iran, let's bomb them.'
Viggo Mortensen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 18 - 14

I applaud Viggo Mortenson

o

I wish I could agree with Mortenson, but I can't. There are hawks that have been to that region, they have seen the families, seen the mangled bodies, both sivilians and military and they scream for more war.

All the rest of the quotes I agree with.
I will now retire my brain to the Muir woods

o

I know that travels to and extended stays in other countries have influenced my outlook on other cultures and people, all to the better. People and regimes are not necessarily the same.

o

Anneliese, I agree. People who travel and hawks who "go there" are an entirely different mind-set

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here