Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missy_gardenwhimsy

Don is in the hospital again

Missy_GardenWhimsy
13 years ago

Dear friends, Don had some appointments at the hospital today and he told one of the doctors that he had not been feeling well, so the doctor sent Don to the emergency room and they checked things out. The doctor decided to keep him in the hospital. I spent a couple hours with Don this afternoon and I was so glad that he was getting help, I have been so worried about him! I will check in here tomorrow, after I call Don and see him. Love and hugs...Missy

Comments (38)

• gmatx zone 6
    13 years ago

Prayers and positive thoughts going out to both you and Don.
    Mary

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

All my best wishes, thoughts and sunflowers for Don and you. The candle is lit.
    Hope he gets home soon.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Oh, Missy---I am so glad he is where he'll get help---these tough guys sometimes just get in trouble
    trying to keep on going.

You give Little Brother a big hug for me and tell him I said to "LISTEN TO THE DOCTAH"!

---And here is a special, very gentle hug all for you, my Little Missy. Stay strong and be brave---I wish I could come help you with the animals.. Kathy

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Hugs to y'all!

I'm very glad he listened to his body and went to the hospital. They'll help him. I'm just sure of it!

• gandle
    13 years ago

Hey Don, you have a lot of people pulling for you. Get well.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for telling us Missy. You know we will all be waiting to hear how things are going. Don is such a special person here at the GP

• lilod
    13 years ago

Thank you for letting us know, Missy. We will all pulling for Don, at least he's in the hospital, where the Doctors can sort it all out. Sending much love, hugs, healing thoughts to both of you.

• pamven
    13 years ago

Sending him sunflowers and some kitty hugs for you.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting us know -- glad Don is in good hands.

• mjmercer
    13 years ago

Best wishes coming from the frozen tundra here in the Midwest.

Karen

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Will dance around a store bought fire sporting blue eye makeup under the full moon tonight waving chicken feathers to and fro making mojo to send your way, Don. Good vibes to Missy, also.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Missy, thanks for letting us know. Good wishes and sunflowers coming to CA for both of you.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Missy, thank you so much for letting us know about Don. It must be so stressful for you during this time. You have to keep the home front going while he's in the hospital.

Good thing that Don let the doctor know that he was not feeling well and he is getting the help he needs, so he can come home soon.
    Bushels of sunflowers on the way.

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

Best wishes to both of you.

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

(((((((many hugs )))))))) and fields of sunflowers for
    Don and sweet Missy.
    I am so sorry Don isn't feeling well and I wish I lived close so I could help you.
    Tell that big ole teddy bear buddy of ours to get well
    fast and come on home.

• Missy_GardenWhimsy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lots of love and hugs to all of you...from Don and me. I read all of your notes to Don yesterday and we both loved them! Thank you from both of us!

The cardio doctors decided to send Don down to San Diego by ambulance (a little over 100 miles), in the morning to see another doctor. My son Barry and I went to the hospital tonight to see Don and he is very glad that he is going to see this doctor who has a great reputation for helping people in Don's situation.

I will be in touch soon.

• mwoods
    13 years ago

I checked in here first thing to see if there was any news. I wish Don were home with you but there is nothing more reassuring I'm sure than knowing he is in the best hands possible. Sometimes I think medical things can be a lot rougher on loved ones than the one who is sick..heck I know it. So Missy,take care of yourself too and know we are all here for you guys.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Missy, thank you so much for updating us--it helps us visualize his and your journey through these tough times.
    I hope he'll have the right procedures to get him healthy and fit again!
    I wrote a little poem for him;

The little child inside of me
    Wants to know what is to be.
    So I climbed into this tree
    And hugged it very close to me.

Little brother can't climb right now
    So I must do the job
    Of checking out the breezes
    And every passing cloud.

I hope that he will be back soon
    And life will be happy again.
    Until then, I will wave to him
    'Til he's back in the garden again.

• lilod
    13 years ago

Thank you, Missy, for updating us. It appears on is in good hands, the doctors really are working for him. This is a tough time for you, wishing you all the strength you can muster. I'm sure the kitties miss him also, gie then a scritch from me.
    Wishing you Blessings

• mawheel
    13 years ago

More good wishes and prayers that the doctor in San Diego will be able to help. Hope the trip will be easy and safe.

((((Don and Missy))))

• User
    12 years ago

Good morning,

Thanks for the support and caring. Good to know my on line buddies are here for Missy and me. Even poetry From Sis, how cool is that? I can almost picture fair skinned Micheal all made up like a Britt from William Wallace times or in memory of Dicken. Or perhaps he has been watching Avatar and longs to be twelve feet tall riding pterodactyl like creatures. Have been thinking of all of you and not liking being away from the puter. Must get the lap top capable of better portability.

Looks like I am home for a bit. Still have to go to San Diego but they decided it is not an emergency so no ambulance ride. I need to call at least four different clinics today at the hospital to get that set up.

They want to do a procedure called Ablation and the doctor there is the one that invented it. This should put things in better shape and get me off some or all of the medications. In the meantime they added a heart medication to the mix to keep me under control, guess my heart has been beating to some of the wilder music lately.

• mwoods
    12 years ago

I'm so glad you are home and you weren't in an emergency kind of situation.How many people get to have a procedure done by the person who invented it? Thanks for the explanation and I hope you are taking as good a care of yourself as you can.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Don, thanks for the update. Take care.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

I am so glad that you are back home, hope that the new procedure will help. If I would not know better I would say my husband and you are twins. You seem to have the same problem. Every time he goes to the hospital for one problem, he ends up with another one.

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Hey, my Brother!---Guess I can climb down from the tree now and join everyone in saying, "Welcome Home!" to you--- and to give Missy a great big HUG for being so brave-- and so kind to keep us posted while you were going through all the tests and more tests.

I hope whatever procedure you have to go through will help you feel like your old/young self, again!
    We missed you!
    --and I got a cramp sittin' in that tree----think I'll leave the climbing to you from now on, Bro! :o)

• User
    12 years ago

This is how you do it Sis...

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Pretty cool swing!
    Hey; when you said, "guess my heart has been beating to some of the wilder music lately",
    it brought it all into a perspective that made so much sense.... some folks take the information, assimilate it, then move on to the next piece.
    Other folks understand it more when they can visualize
    what is happening, can almost FEEL it.
    No; I don't do drugs......:o)--with my whacky brain, I don't need 'em! Snort!
    ---Just glad you're feeling better
    and there is help for you.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Don, glad to see that you're back home again and it seems that you're taking care of your health and also relaxing on the swing.
    Luv the graphic.

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

" Just a swinging "
    Glad you are back home and the doctor can do something
    to help you.

No parties for awhile, okay.

Missed you!

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Don, you said:"Have been thinking of all of you and not liking being away from the puter. Must get the lap top capable of better portability."
    I've been thinking about you too, right there in the hospital and wondering what is happening to you.

I'm not a computer whiz, but I've found that my laptop, is very heavy and can be cumbersom. So looked for easier ways to post here at the GP. I can post to the GP with my ipad.
    I bet there are other ways you can connect with the GP.

• User
    12 years ago

Update, went to coumadin clinic today so stopped in at three other clinics to find out more information. The new medication is working so not urgent and will go to San Diego at the end of July for the procedure. Looking forward to going and in the meantime back to work, even if it is mostly supervising.

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Wonderful news, Don and Missy!!!
    Glad things are getting lined up and the
    urgency has let up somewhat.

Supervising: ...get some nerve pills.
    You're working with family, though, right?
    It'll be OK.

It'll be good just to be OUTSIDE again, right?!
    Sis

• lilod
    12 years ago

Happy to see good news, supervising is not too bad, it shows you will pass on what you know, that's always good

• User
    12 years ago

Thanks Sis and Lilo. Work today is redoing a structure that supports a wisteria with a 16 inch diameter trunk. This thing covers a 12 foot by 30 foot structure that is about 50 years old. Some of the upper cross pieces were replaced last summer but the uprights lean and the cement slab patio is cracked. Figured out how to put a new support structure under the newer previous work and the new patio slabs can be poured independently before or after I do the wood work. Missy's oldest son is doing the cement work as his profession is a mason.

Here are a couple of pictures I took when it was dormant and I cleaned out the deadwood and a picture of a smaller structure I did last summer that is similar to the work I am doing on his structure. The wisteria will have an added framework under the existing top frame work with reinforcing hardware and 45 degree supports to the uprights.

{{gwi:151067}}

{{gwi:151068}}

{{gwi:151070}}

• mawheel
    12 years ago

That is one big wisteria vine!

Glad you're feeling better and your medication is working. Just make sure you stay in a "supervisory" position! (I get the feeling you're a "hands on" kind of guy. :>)

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Glad you are feeling better and getting into the swing of things. Your photos are dramatic of the wisteria in dormancy. I can only imagine what it would look like in full bloom. Glad you are "supervising" the rebuilding of the support for this great vine.

• lilod
    12 years ago

What an impressive wisteria! It's got to be spectacular when it blooms. am a bit envious, vines don't like me at all. exept fpr the grapes, a red one and a Thompson seedless, I am a vine-killer, even morning glories do just what they feel absolutely obliges to do :(

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Wish I had the Wisteria. It looks great. Make sure you do just advising for the time being or I send Missy some mittens w/o a thump to tape to your hands.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions