Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 6 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 5:11

Kill the snake of desire in the beginning;
or watch out: your snake will become a dragon.
But everyone considers his own snake to be just an ant: if you do, seek knowledge of your real state from one who is a lord of the heart.
Until copper becomes gold, it doesn't know that it's copper: until the heart becomes a king, it doesn't recognize its poverty. Rumi

My Soul gave me good counsel, teaching me to listen to the voices not produced by tongues, nor shouted from throats.
Now...
I sip at silence and listen to its inwardness that chants songs of the eons, reciting praises of the sky, announcing the mysteries of the Unseen.
~Kahlil Gibran

"And So We Say, May It Be So."
~Rumi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 6 -13

Amazing quotes! I am imagining Rumi and Kahlil Gibran sitting under a tree in Persia, discussing philosophy and it's application, yet they are centuries apart and their thoughts are timeless

o
RE: quotes 4 - 6 -13

And I wish I could be the fly on the wall or in the tree who listens to that dialog. Marvelous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here