Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 4 - 28 - 14

User
10 years ago

Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act Three, Scene One, the famous "To Be or Not to Be" soliloquy,

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
[...] Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
Steve Jobs

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
Edgar Allan Poe

When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.
Tecumseh

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci

There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.
Emily Dickinson

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.
Socrates

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions