Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A new Diet

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 6:23

I must be out of the loop when it comes to diets. First I've heard about this one.
What do you think?
See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: A New Diet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A new Diet

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 7:43

I saw this on the news, last night and was grossed out by it. Under certain circumstances, drastic measures may be necessary, but this seems extreme to me.

I had another thought or two typed, but then, deleted them. It's not for me to judge.

o

It's sick - all for appearances sake. It's too early in the morning for my mind to process this tidbit,

o

I saw it yesterday, but I have not been able to digest the whole thing.

o

It gives a completely wrong message. Trying to loose some weight if you are overweight, nothing wrong with that, but do it in a healthier way and not only for appearance sake.
Granted, I never had a real weight problem, but that is more due to genes than anything else, from one half of my family. My grandfather from the other side of the family had a formulae for weight control - FDH! Lilo will get the words: Fress die Haelfte, for all you others, eat half of it.

o

Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 19:18

west gardener, your pun was very clever!

o

Lol, I picked it up from lilod's "tidpit" comment. A dry piece of humor goes a long way sometimes.

Here is a link that might be useful: tidbit

o

Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 7:13

I am dense! Lilo's comment went right past me in terms of being "punny".

o

I've never heard the term "punny" before, so I looked it up and had a good time reading the puns.

o

There is certainly nothing gross about an NG tube. I've slid more than a few of them down other people's throats, only with totally different intentions. To put weight on, instead of taking it off. It's not the tube making this diet effective, but what is put down it. You could achieve the same results by handing the dieters a glass of the proper formula. In that respect, I find it more of a gimmick playing off novelty.

What is the most sad to me, however, is that I think we all know what happens when the tube is pulled and there is little or no effort (or more likely intention) taken to maintain that goal weight. Life isn't about quick fixes or it's just a synopsis of living. Marriage is also not about the big day and fitting in your aunt's gown. That's only a tiny and terribly brief beginning to the real thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here