Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote, 04/21/12

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 7:06

Human kind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
Chief Seattle

The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.
Anon

Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of earth are never alone or weary of life.
Rachel Carson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, 04/21/12

What a grand finale to a great week of quotes. Thank you, Anneliese

o

Yes! Perfect end to the week and apropos to Earth Day Weekend. Absolutely love each of them. The Chief Seattle quote is one of my all time favorites.

Great lead in to my week which will feature Earth Day and the environment.

o

I like all of them, thanks anneliese.
The first one rings a bell.
I saw a study done with a spider web. The spider made a beautiful web, the researchers knocked part of the web down.
The spider came back and repared the web, but it was not as beautiful or effective as before.
Again, part of the web was knocked down and the spider came back and repaired the web, but the web was full of holes and not very functional. Again, the web was disturbed, this time the spider gave up and did not even try to repair the web.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here