Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bet I won't complain about hot weather this summer

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 9:27

I'm not going to open the museum this A.M. Temps in the high teens and with a high wind. Not sure I would want anyone dumb enough to get out of their car to visit today. Miserable out side. For tthe first time in my memory, the spinach got severly damaged when the temps hit 5 degrees last week. It can take any temperature in the winter when it is dormant but when it is in a strong growing mode it gets hurt at such low temps . Think 100 degrees might feel good

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bet I won't complain about hot weather this summer

I feel for you, George. Winter sure has a grip on your neck of the woods.
I'm so fortunate to have a nice spring for a change, it is warm and dry - too dry, will complain by September "not enough water", but right now mild and sunny gets me going in the garden, and I am a happy camper.
Wish I could push some of this your way,

o

Lol, Gandle, I won't take you up on your bet. I've said the same thing for many years, and I still talk about the weather.
We've had hot temps for weeks now. and my cold weather veggies are wilting or bolting big time.

o

The weather is any thing but normal, we have had days in the 80's with the next cloudy and gloomy in the 60's the last couple of weeks. Then some nights warm enough for shorts and a t shirt then down in the low 40's.

o

I add to the chorus, this years weather is nuts. Ours is up and down faster than a yo yo. The apple tree in my neighbor's yard opened on Sunday. This morning there is a pink carpet underneath, beaten of blooms by heavy rain and strong winds. The dogwoods do a little bit better, but they are in the windshadow of the house.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 7:31

My sister, who lives year-round in FL., took some friends from Canada to the airport, yesterday morning, for their flight home. (They'll return in Nov.) Anyway, the temp for Ft. Myers was forecast for 90 degrees; (it reached that figure later in the day). When the Canadians got home, they were greeted by a "blinding" snowstorm! Of course, their home is a considerable distance from FL, but gee whiz, it is the middle of April!

o

• Posted by yem1 none (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 6:08

Hey, do not focus weather. Just focus on your work. Weather will come and go. You just be strong.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here