Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 23 April 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

It's a really really stressful week. I'm hanging in there and having some fun, but it's a roller coaster. I'm trying my darndest to stay focused on the moment and not get too caught up in it. Monday, my boss yelled at me and hung up on me! A grown man, hung up the phone on me. Over where a meeting was. Once I quit crying (stress, stress, stress!), I simply asked him to give me a bit more than 5 minutes notice when he didn't understand where the meeting might be next time, so I could find out for him. He smiled and said, "Of course you can't read my mind, yes I will." Later in the day, he gave me my evaluation 4 5s and 3 4s on a scale of 1-5 for each catergory; 4.6 overall, yea! Yesterday started off with a squabble between Ed and me. Then the nurses took me out for a pizza lunch on a patio. Can you say roller coaster?! We have a national meeting I'm in pretty good shape for, but I also have two finals in two senior classes next week. Eight days from now, I'll be as light as a feather and happy as a clam. But for now, serious as can be with breaks at lunch and the end of the day for an hour or so. All of any stress got put to the back burner last night at LF's baseball game.

They're a pretty good team whose kids seem well behaved and the parents jovial enough. I like this gang. Since it's a community league, we see kids and parents from our neighborhood and his school. The team we were playing last night has a special girl on it. She's diminutive, and wheel-chair confined, a little ray of sun, she touches every life well. Last year and this year, everyone in the stands cheers her on. Everyone on her team, and the opposing teams treat her fairly and like one of the team. Last year, "Audrey" could only hit and if she had the ball, could throw it. I didn't know it at the beginning of last night's game, but as soon as she hit, she wheeled herself to first. She never stopped even after they tagged the base. One could never call her a quitter! I cried that she's come so far being able to do so much more than last year. Ed was dumbfounded. Ed, who always has a jab, sometimes in jest, was dumbfounded. We were proud of her. In the last inning of the game, Audrey hit the ball and it whizzed past the kid standing in front of 1st. He scrambled, the first baseman scrambled. She got on 1st! all on her own! Yea Audrey! The crowd yelled. The next batter hit and as she headed for 2nd, our coach God bless him, yelled throw the ball to 1st. Audrey made it to 2nd. As the next batter hit into the field and chaos ensued, Audrey made it to 3rd!!!!!! The next batter hit it and as she headed into home, the entire crowd was on their feet, and I know I was yelling it, was it everyone?????, go Audrey, Go!!! Don't stop, YOU can do it!!!!!! As Frank ran closer and closer to her (he wanted so badly to touch her and so badly for her to make a run, he was so at odds with himself), we yelled even more and Audrey pushed harder and harder. She scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the crowd went wild. No one told our team what to do, they just listened to their coach. I am so so so proud of those little 7, 8 and 9 year olds; they're gonna do great things. And one very happy Audrey went home with the game ball. There are so many good people in the world and they'll be there just when you need them cheering you on.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions