Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Our annual spring blizzard is underway

gandle
13 years ago

Interstate closed, 60 mph winds. We are on the edge of it so only a couple of inches of snow but the winds make even walking difficult. The bright side, it rained before the snow and the pastures will be sure to green up after this and it really isn't very cold ablout 30 degrees. Wood burner will come in handy for a few days.

Comments (14)

• mjmercer
    13 years ago

There's a song called "Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most." Of course the lyrics refer to a love affair that didn't end well. But I'm telling ya, Mother Nature has been more cruel this year than any lover could ever be.

Stay warm and dry, Gandle. Warmer temperatures have got to be here sooner or later.

Karen

• lilod
    13 years ago

There were snow flurries here yesterday, foggy and raining today. I am out of firewood, so the furnace is sucking up propane (@3.31 per gal.), aster as late as it can get, the Easter Bunny may still have to use his sled, but the merry month of May is coming closer, a good thing.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

We have finally had sunshine for two days in a row! What a blessing -- but we're supposed to have torrential rains and storms tomorrow. Oh well, the water table should be in good shape.

• husky004_
    13 years ago

High winds and rain heading our way...a few days of warmth then down to the 30's spring can't come to soon.

• lilod
    13 years ago

April never could make up her mind

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Today we have high, gusting winds and TONS of rain---I'll take it any day over the snow.
    Good luck, folks!

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Winds are gusty enough to send Oak limbs raining down---I dread these storms and high winds more every year.

Everyone please stay safe!

• mawheel
    13 years ago

We were going to drive 70 miles to meet DD for birthday lunch, but decided against it--and am I glad! We haven't had thunder--yet--but the driving rain and strong winds make me very glad we're not going over the mountains to D.C.!

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Luckily today is not as bad as yesterday, Louisville has it's annual "Thunder over Louisville" air and fireworks show and they did not have to cancel it, even though everybody there seems to be dressed in 5 layers of clothing.
    Yesterday on the way home from the hospital we got stuck in traffic. The wind had torn the tarp off a truck, which in turn hit the windshield of a following vehicle. The cab of that truck went one way, the trailer the other and traffic came to a screeching halt for for over 60 minutes.
    Add to that rain which came sidewise and it was not exactly cozy, even in the car. Just good that our granddaughter's boyfriend insisted on driving us home instead of us calling a cab, that would have been one expensive ride. As it was, we were in a lucky spot yesterday, compared to some other places in the country.

• rose3
    13 years ago

Woke up to 5 inches on the ground this morning in NE Minnesota. Snow finally stopped falling an hour or so ago.

• posieh
    13 years ago

Hey....we got some of it! Six inches of that white stuff.
    Do you realize that SNOW is a four letter word? rose 3...hope you aren't in the flood plain. Lots of flooding along the Red River.

• lilod
    13 years ago

It is chilly and cloudy and raining - but I shall not complain after reading about all your weather experiences, just hoping all of you stay safe and remember: there is going to be summer sooner or later, let;s hope sooer

• tibs
    13 years ago

high winds, lots of rain, flood warnings. I am tired of it.

• User
    13 years ago

String a rope from the house to the barn and hang on. Hoping the weather improves for all.

Sponsored
More Discussions