Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 20 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 10:57

I don't need a holiday or a feast to feel grateful for my children, the sun, the moon, the roof over my head, music, and laughter, but I like to take this time to take the path of thanks less traveled.
Paula Poundstone

During the first 13 centuries after the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem, no one thought of setting up a creche to celebrate Christmas. The pre-eminent Christian holiday was Easter, not Christmas.
Nancy Pearcey

I'm a minimalist. I don't really need much to enjoy a good holiday - just my family and the bare essentials.
Jean Reno

People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on.
Bill Cosby

He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven.
Thomas Fuller

Forgive, son; men are men; they needs must err.
Euripides

Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life.
George MacDonald

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 20 - 14

From the first to the last they are all worthy of attention. Happy Easter (by any name) Don

o

Agree with Lilo but Paula Poundstone really nailed it for me.

o

Very nice quotes for today, Don.
DH and I sat down yesterday and talked about our lives and realized that we have had a very good life together. We're not quite sure how we ended up this way, but it is probably part of every quote you posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here