Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Gang's all here!

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 12:13

The juncos have left and the spring/summer visitors have arrived or are due any day.
Meadowlarks have moved back into their high rise vacation home: the top of one of the power-line-poles, a very safe place if you fear predators
Bluebirds are checking out accommodations, they have a choice of two dwellings, take their time to make up their mind
The green heron is strolling along the pond's banks, looking his usual grumpy self
Pielated wood-pecker attaching the other power-pole, his drumming can be heard a long way
Quail pairing up, so are the wild turkeys
The tanagers should arrive shortly
Season is defiinitely changing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Gang's all here!

Yep..............our juncos have gone as well. White crowns are still around though. Wood thrush and brown thrasher have made their appearances near my kitchen and woodpeckers of all descriptions. Saw a black and white warbler yesterday. Hummers should be showing up. They're always here by when the azalea bloom and they've been blooming a week.

o

The birdies are busy arouund here also. I can't identify them by name, but they are back. It's nice to see the cycle renew itself.

o

Some of the birds have already their young ones, only the weather don't play along. At the moment I use more birdfood than I did in winter.

o

Lilo, reading your post made me miss living in the country.
I even miss the Blue Heron though he made himself welcome
to the fish in my pond every day. I miss the Woodcock
that used to follow me around the garden.
I talked to him a lot and he must have liked the sound of
my voice. Shoot, I talk to all my critters.

o

Hi Janis - I talk to all my critters and to some either seen or unseen - heck, I talk to inanimate objects and get responses, just have to know how to talk to them, some need to be cussed and some need to be charmed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here