Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A taste of real spring

Posted by lilosophie (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 12:34

The crab-apple is blooming, finally blooming, usually it does that by the middle of March. Blooms on it and the pear-trees are not as heavy because of the long dry past year, but the bees are sure busy - think it's our neighbor's honey bees - good news.
The madrone if just opening and the lilac not far behind it's a loverly time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A taste of real spring

Gorgeous flowers! It is truly spring.

o

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 15:27

Daffodils in my front yard about 15 minutes ago! We have a long way to go.

o

How pretty, lilo.
Yes jim, they have a ways to go, but it looks like they have a good start.
Photo of the azelia's in front of my house.
I need some companion plants.

o

An azelia plant on the left side of the front walk.

o

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 20:10

Are you adventurous? Plant something bold that will complement the house colors and dazzle the neighbors with your daring. Marigolds. They are simple to grow, needing little care. And, if you are cheap like me, you can save the flowers. Once they dry, you scatter them back into the bed!

o

The daffodils are blooming, also the forthytias and down the street and in the area the Bradford pears broke out since Monday, everything else early in the year most likely will show up next week, judging by the weather report. Lilo, your spring is prettier then mine.
I like the pictures from all of you, my front of the house looks bad. I finally got the invasive euyanimus bushes cut down, now we can repair the foundation. Don't know yet with what I will replace them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here