Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you know?

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 12:48

One of my most precious helpers, do you know what it is and what it does?
Not available any more, irreplaceable
Do you know it's name?

This post was edited by lilosophie on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 12:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you know?

Hmmm, swiss army can opener?

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 15:56

Gee, Lilo, can we have a hint? Is it used in the kitchen or outside in the garden? I enlarged the picture and could see that maybe the "straight" side is hinged, so it would open, but I'm still in the dark. I think Nightowl's guess may be a good one! LOL

o

It's a kitchen-tool - not a can-opener, not a nut-cracker - it opens something that is often hard to open, particularly if you don't have someone with strong hands (usually a man) around or not available.
It is adjustable. Called a Gilllihoolie (real name)

o

Lilo, I figured it might be some kind of opener, then read your reply, so of course I had to search and found where you can buy one:
www.BuyCheapr.com, $9.99 plus S+H

o

This is from Anneliese's link.

o

I think I need to get one of these. With RA, some days the hands don't work well. Thanks for posting this.

o

I have had this one for a long time, and it really does a good job from opening screw-on bottle-caps to really big jars. There are other "helpers" in the kitchen-ware departments, but none is a easy and elegant as the Gilhoolie.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 7:40

That's an impressive piece of equipment for opening cans! I, too, have arthritic fingers and almost always find it difficult to loosen jar lids. For that matter, even tearing apart the waxed paper bags that hold cereal is hard--and the cans that have a ring to pull to open them--forget about them!

Thanks for the additional information, Anneliese and Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here