Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another one

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 13:00

George and I have been married 63 years today. He has been working at the museum since it re-opened April 1 and has a far better outlook now that he is busy again.

We have been in New York, California and Wyoming all in about 5 weeks for close family funerals and that has been wearing emotionally for both of us.

After he came back from the library this morning I really wasn't too surprized to see him holding a vase with a single red rose. Been that way ever since our tenth when he said I can't afford to buy a rose for every year we have been married. Doubt that there are even 63 red roses in town

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another one

Leone, what a wonderful thing to read on a Monday. I wish both of you many, many more rose years together.

And I am equally pleased to read that George is feeling better. Now, enough funerals please.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 13:26

Happy Anniversary! That single red rose says more than a big bunch of 63 ever could! Give each other an extra hug from all of us at the GP. :>)

o

Happy Anniversary. A hug to both of you. The sky is giving a great drumroll for you and fireworks too. Great that George is feeling better. A big bunch of sunflowers for you.
Anneliese

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 14:39

Happy Anniversary to the both of you!!! Nice to see George is feeling better.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 15:17

Happy Anniversary to both - after all those years I'm sure it is going to last (giggle). Single red rose says it all.
Glad George is feeling better.
Hoping for more babies and weddings and fewer funerals for the near future in you big family.

o

Thanks for sharing your Special Day with us, Leone!
A single red rose has a lot of impact, as does the history you and George share.

Happy Anniversary, and may there be many more happy days like this one!
KJ

o

Happy Anniversary!

(and I'm thrilled he's able to work at the museum again. What great news!)

Lisa

o

Happy Anniversary to you two!

o

I'm 63 years old and I can't imagine being married that long. lol~ Wishing you both a wonderful 63rd Wedding Anniversary and many more to come.

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 16:59

Happy anniversery!

o

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary - and I understand the subject line " Another One". It is the quiet beauty of year after year, rose after rose that makes it special.

o

Happy, happy, joy, joy! Such wonderful news about George and also about your anniversary. Enjoy!

Karen

o

Happy anniversary, stay young at heart.

o

Happy anniversary to both of you.63 years, wow.Something to be proud of.

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 13:41

Happy anniversary to you two. I really is something to be proud of - and here's wishing you and George many more.

Really glad that George is feeling much better and able to return to his "work".

Mary

o

Many congratulations, and good wishes for continued happiness. Good to read that you're both doing well, after such a distressing few weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here