Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I didn't know they still made that

Posted by gandle (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 13:40

Leone came home with a small basket of soaps she won at a card party. I smelled one my step-mother used to use. Cashmere Boquet. I never wanted to use it as a kid, thought it smelled too perfumed. I liked Lifebouy and for shampoos we always used Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. Don't remember why, certainly not for the fragrance. Smelled like an asphalt road on a hot day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I didn't know they still made that

Oh, that brings back memories, Even after 50 years, I can still remember the scent.

o

Can still order Lifebuoy from Vermont Country Store

o

I will forever associate the fresh, calming scent of Coast bar soap with my dear coastal friend Sue. She keeps a bar in her guest room. That's where I first encountered it and I sort of imprinted on a combination of place/person/scent.

Karen

o

Cashmere Bouquet is also available at the Vermont Country Store - so are many of the old colognes -I don't buy them but like to know they are still around.

o

It's amazing how many things you can't find anymore anywhere else, but there they are in the Vermon Country Store inventory.

o

Yes also pine tar soap and shampoo. Are we ever getting nostalgic here???

o

I buy Licorice All Sorts and boston brown bread in a can at Vermont Country Store. I see they sell Walnettos, remember them? Wish I could remember the advertising jingle. Know it started Walnettos arwe crunchy and chewy, you'll go for that swell caramel. Think the the last line was something like Oh boy but Walnettos arwe swell.

o

Another store which has a lot of oldfashioned goods where many Amish shop is Lehman's Country Store. It carries all the stuff you wished you had when there is a prolonged power outage, but also food and has a great website. I got years ago my sicle from there when I could find locally only those small things which are better at scratching then cutting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here