Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks for the sunflowers - update

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 13:41

Joann wanted to do this, but what with Ron needing a certain amount of attention and with dealing with Dial-up Inet connections, she didn't have a chance, so I will do the honors.
Ron's surgery went very well, he's recovering, in a lot of pain - but his cancer-treatments leave him with a lot of pain, too, he's getting very good meds.
No chemo or radiation in the immediate future, that is always subject to change, the nature of the disease.
He will have to see his cardiologist soon, means a trip to San Francisco and an overnight stay in a hotel. They used to do it in one day, but 250+ miles is a long way and Joann just can't do it any more, and Ron should not drive.
That's the disadvantage of living so far from major medical facilities.
I don't remember if I told: the surgeon doing the hernia repair if the same one who worked on my DH in '91 and he used to be a customer of Ron's when Ron worked as farrier.
Again Thanks from all at Casa Lilo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks for the sunflowers - update

Lilo, thanks for the update and my best wishes for the further healing. Hope his pain get's better soon. My candle stays lit.

o

Lilo, thank you for letting us know how things are progressing for Ron.
I hope they give him whatever he needs for pain for as long as he needs it.\
That is quite a drive to San Francisco, especially since Joann has so much on her shoulders already!
Give them each a special hug from us!
That's interesting about the surgeons' connection with your family in times past.
Prayers for Ron, Joann and you, Lilo....

One of my brothers used to be a farrier back in the
mid-60's to early 70's. Got tired of having his calf laid open when clinching.
(I think the horses knew he thought they were stupid and let him know!!!)

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 17:49

Lilo, thanks for the update. Good thoughts, wishes for healing, and prayers, too, are being sent your way.

((((Hugs to Ron, Joann, and you, too.))))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here