Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

May I have sunflowers too?

rob333 (zone 7b)
12 years ago

It's not for me, it's my cousin's son.

My cousin, with whom I close. Actually, we grew up together and lived close for my childhood (I babysat this special boy! who is now a pastor and no longer a boy). He had a son born yesterday who is in distress. I knew there was trouble, but came back from lunch to find this email from my mom:

I talked to aunt D a while ago, and the baby has even more than the first e-mail. He has respiratory problems-air passage ways are not wide enough and will have to be enlarged. They air-flighted him to X (a level 1 trauma center). They were going to check first for internal bleeding, and it would probably be about 10 days before they did any major surgery on him.

J and S are very dear to me, and sweet lil ol' L needs his new little brother to be ok. Would you say a prayer? Or keep them in your thoughts? or light a candle? Everything will help.

-R

Comments (17)

• lilod
    12 years ago

Of course I will send thoughts and special sunflowers and whatever else is required, little babies should not have to suffer so.
    Lilo

• gandle
    12 years ago

A prayer for a special baby.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

A prayer, a candle, good thoughts and lots of sunflowers for the little one and all of you.

• mwoods
    12 years ago

Oh heck Robin,can only imagine how worried you all must be for the little guy. My thoughts will be with you and be sure to keep us updated.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Robin, good thoughts, sunflowers and prayers for the precious baby, his parents, and all who care about him. (That probably includes all of us at the GP, too.)

• gmatx zone 6
    12 years ago

An innocent baby should never have to suffer to live. Prayers for your cousin's family and you.
    Mary

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Oh, Robin, I am so sorry!
    Of course I'll say prayers!---What a scary time for your whole family...
    please let us know how he is doing.
    Let your family know people are praying for them;
    we might be cyber-friends,
    but those prayers have real power!
    Stay strong.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He's progressing!!!! From J:

"Pretty confident that M will have the quick 4-5 day recovery instead of weeks. Mainly due to how fast he picks up eating. So, we know he will leave soon.

He's my son...translation: he too will believe in the 6 meals a day regiment. #loveeating
    9 hours ago via iPhone"

• lilod
    12 years ago

Happy to hear good news! Will keep on thinking of progress

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

Nothing touches the heart like a sick or hurting child.
    Robin I pray that all will be well with the baby and your
    family can celebrate his recovery in the near future.

Many prayers and sunflowers.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

I'll send some sunflowers, plus roses, and best hopes for his continued progress!

• don_socal
    12 years ago

Good thoughts and energy coming your way for you and yours.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Look at you, Don. You're amazing. Suffering with your ills and still check in with good thoughts. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone.

Sweet baby's initial diagnosis was, he had to get well from the infection ravaged body before anything could be done, and it was to be weeks. But then it would be days. And that was good to hear. He's doing so well, they're scheduling surgery any time.

Is it just me, or did this thread get shorter? I don't see where I said he was progressing and Lilo said great!
    ???

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

He's progressing!!!! From J:
    "Pretty confident that M will have the quick 4-5 day recovery instead of weeks. Mainly due to how fast he picks up eating. So, we know he will leave soon.

He's my son...translation: he too will believe in the 6 meals a day regiment. #loveeating
    9 hours ago via iPhone"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 21, 11 at 10:10

Happy to hear good news! Will keep on thinking of progress

Robin; watch out---folks might start calling you KJ Jr!!!!
    Kathy :o)
    (today was worse than usual! Snort...)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It would be the greatest compliment to be called KJ, jr. You know I love you!!!

My cousin had two updates at exactly 12 hours ago, and I don't know which is first. One says the sweet baby's surgery was jsut about to happen and one that says his surgery has been put on hold so that... wait for it... more urgent kids could get worked on. So he must be doing fantastically!

Actually, yesterday was literally the second most disappointing day of my life. I awoke to a rash I knew I couldn't ignore and ended up not being able to go on LF's fieldtrip, yet again. I've still never gone on one. Not only could I not go, I had to spend my day in hospital. Phooey!!!! If it's any explanation, my antiobiotic blew up on me again. Two reactions in two weeks. And it's the last one I'll ever take unless whatever I contract cannot be cured any other way. Then, I'll have to hospitalized while I am "desensitized" for any antiobiotic used :( Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm thrilled.

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

That's wonderful news about the baby, Robin!
    Let's hope he'll be out of there soon enough!

That's a shame about your rash and if I lived anywhere near you I would've gladly gone with LF on his field trip while you were at the Dr's! They grow up so fast---like a blink of an eye when one looks back.....
    Hope you're on the mend soon!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am very excited to hear they're not in a rush for him. It's good to be in that position. Thanks for your offer, he almost was in your neck of the woods. They went to Pigeon Forge. Thank you for your kind words.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA
More Discussions