Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjmercer

T-Mobile just gave me a brand new reason to hate them

mjmercer
13 years ago

Got a text message from them on my cell phone. "The changes you requested to your account on April 7 have been implemented. For further details go to www.my.t-mobile.com"

Problem is, I didn't request any changes to my account. So I called their customer service line. Did battle with the voice menu and finally scored a live human being. Told her what I just told y'all and she started with a bunch of questions. "Did you go to a T-Mobile store yesterday? Did you go on-line? Didyoudidyoudidyou yada yada?" I finally had to cut her off with "I haven't done ANYTHING. Any question you ask me is going to be answered with "No" or "Nothing."

Yeah, I've got major attitude with T-Mobile. They've been yanking me around almost since the day I signed on with them -- charging me for services I didn't request, omittig information that could have saved me money, etc., etc. I'm marking the days until my two-year contract is up and I am soooo outta there.

So anyway back to the inquisitive operator. She looked over the recent notes on my account. Somebody from one of the T-Mobile stores had deleted the text message bundle on my account, and then put the message bundle back in. No record, though, of who did it or why.

The operator said she would place a request to have this incident investigated. But here's the kicker: Depending on why somebody went into my account, they may...OR MAY NOT... be able to share the explanation with me.

I told Miss Operator this didn't make sense. Somebody can go tip-toeing through my account and I don't have the right to know WHY? Operator Girl apologized and said it was T-Mobile's company policy.

Crappy policy, imho. Way too much like a chapter out of 1984. And like I mentioned above, yet another reason for me to hate them. I'm sharing this here because heaven only knows how prevalent this activity is, and you might just be next.

Verizon, anyone?

Karen

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions