Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

It's really good

gandle
10 years ago

We are driving a bout 25 miles south east of here tomorrow tto buy some sausages at Das Wurst Haus. They make and ship 4or 5 kinds but there are more in the stores display cases. Can't remember the names of the sausages, excuse me, Wursts but will recognise them when we see them. They are right next door to the Deutsche Markt. You probably won't have any trouble guessing the background of the towns founders. It always smells so good there. Smoke and spices..

Comments (7)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Would I love to go with you!

• oscarthecat
    10 years ago

Wow good sausage is on my favorites list.

• User
    10 years ago

Wish I could indulge with you, love good sausage but the doctor says no.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

I can smell it clear down to Nashville! Mmmm Enjoy!

You know what I cannot quite figure out? Germans are the largest ancestry population in the US, but I can't think of anyone here that is? Or a truly German "area". I can tell you where the Mennonites live. Aren't they German? And they are so centrally located in deeply rural southern Tennessee, I don't see them often in Nashville. I do make an effort to get out and speak to loads of people every day, so I am pretty certain the one family (he commutes to another state and works here) I know is unusual. I think his wife/children still live where they do because there is a German school there and we don't have one here. We're probably just weird.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Oh yes, it is really good. A german neighbor down the street started and still own a Wurst Haus. He started with sausage recipes from "home" and made right there in the shop. He has expanded to all kinds of different deli food. I've been a regular customer for 30 some years but his deli also appeal to the young generation. Excellence wins out again.

Rob,Germans are also the largest ancestry population in Santa Clara County here in CA, where I live. We still have a German School locally.
    There used to be a German Town in San Jose, CA before WW1, but the anti german sentiment was so strong that the people decided to move into the general population. German Town is gone and the land is now part of San Jose State University.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dittmers

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Oh we do have a Germantown, but it's only nice to look at. Either they're so entrenched into being American/Nashvillean or been so assimilated(?) that I can't tell they are German, or maybe it is that they don't have any establishments which cater to Germans? It's like they don't exist here. I'm pretty sure I know all parts of Nashville fairly well.

I still think it's that we are weird. A good possibility!

:)

• yem1
    10 years ago

This place is really seems fantastic.I would also love to walk there. As you are saying, i am feeling relaxation and calmness of that place.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions