Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjmercer

736 going on 737

mjmercer
13 years ago

I swear that's how many consecutive days of winter we have had in Chicago. Mother Nature is at it again today. High temps in the mid-30's. Gray, windy, non-stop light showers. Oh joy. More of the same for the rest of this week. Pretty sure I'm gonna go bonkers before June gets here.

What's your best remedy for rolling with a winter that just won't quit?

Karen

Comments (5)

• mwoods
    13 years ago

I wish I could give you a remedy that really does work...we have days like that in Pa and I think it's never going to end. Today is cold and rainy and I just got in the car and visited a place near us that wholesales flowers and plants,but is open to the public too. There are 15 greenhouses and just walking through them and deciding what I'd like to get at a future date really perked me up. Since you are a total cat person ( how many do you have now?) just do what they do. Have you ever seen anything more laid back than a cat? Try to be more like them. LOL and if that doesn't work, lots of wine.

• gmatx zone 6
    13 years ago

If anyone gives you a working solution, please forward it to me!!

We will take your moisture. It's so dry here I have let the water out in the pastures run for a week at a time. The top soil is blowing off any ground that does not have good tight grass growing on it. I'm finding nails, wire and fence staples on the ground that I know has been covered 25+ years. We have had so much wind and so many fires.

Last week I swear I saw a tumbleweed roll back by that has crossed our yard at least 10 times this winter. LOL

Mary

• gmatx zone 6
    13 years ago

If anyone gives you a working solution, please forward it to me!!

We will take your moisture. It's so dry here I have let the water out in the pastures run for a week at a time. The top soil is blowing off any ground that does not have good tight grass growing on it. I'm finding nails, wire and fence staples on the ground that I know has been covered 25+ years. We have had so much wind and so many fires.

Last week I swear I saw a tumbleweed roll back by that has crossed our yard at least 10 times this winter. LOL

Mary

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

MOVE

HA! I kill myself.

Right about now, I am thanking my lucky stars I am south of the Mason-Dixon line. You'll be thanking your lucky stars come August and my hair and body immediately melt as I step outside the door surrounded by bugs and get eaten alive. It's just my turn. You'll get yours.

:)

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Lol, rob333 is not far from the solution to curing the winter blahs, but not moving. In Scandinavia where they have only about 105 days of summer and sun, they've made an arrangement with a warm and sunfilled country, like Spain to exchange patients that need a warm climate with excellent medical care in Norway.

My tante Greta in Sweden who has crippling Arthritis spends the the winters, all expenses paid in sunny Spain, and the summers in Sweden.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions