Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunflowers worked a year ago, do you have a few more?

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 16:27

It�s a year and a day since Ron, Joann�s SO had his hip-replacement and started treatment for multiple myeloma, he was given a prognosis of maybe 6 weeks, give or take a few.
Well, a lot of Radiation and a lot of Chemo and he�s still around, but he is scheduled for surgery to repair a hernia tomorrow and has sort of a d�j� vu feeling about it. In addition he had to defer his cardiologist visit, he has a pacemaker and a defibrillator, had that for several years
There is a lot of tension, and Joann, bless her, takes the brunt of the tension and still is helping me some with the goats and the chickens and is my driver.
If you have some spare sunflowers, good thoughts or prayers we would truly appreciate them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunflowers worked a year ago, do you have a few more?

A big field of living sunflowers for Ron, Joann and you. Good wishes and thoughts for all of you and my candle will be burning too.
Hugs, Anneliese

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 17:00

Thank you, Anneliese - you have your own DH's health issues to deal with and you have been in my thoughts - thanks for your wishes, we just keep the circle going. Hugs back to you
Lilo

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 18:37

Lilo - sunflowers, good wishes, thoughts and prayers headed to Joann and Ron. May the surgery go smoothly, recovery be swift and uneventful, and health returned to Ron quickly.
Mary

o

Good thoughts and energy on the way.

o

Sending positive thoughts to all of you at this time.

o

Plenty and as much as I can muster major mojo is on Ron's way.

o

Lilo, I most certainly will send Sunflowers, cheer and prayers for all three of you.

(Eerie, I just picked up a pack of Sunflower seeds today--Giant Russians..)

You and Joann make a good team---Ron is blessed to have you two!

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 21:23

I have a field of sunflowers for the 3 of you.

o

I am thinking of all of you and send my best wishes.

o

A field full of sunflowers. I'm with you all in thought. Thoughts of comfort and peace.

o

Haven't got many sunflowers but if a prayer or to will help I'll sure send those along. Hoping for the best.

o

You've got em Lilo,and anything else you need. It's been such a long haul for all of you,but Ron sounds like the Ever Ready battery and I am wishing the very best for him.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 17:52

Lilo, there are always enough good thoughts, sunflowers, and prayers to share. All of them are coming your way for Ron, Joann and you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here