Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weather-lookout Eastern US!

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 16:30

I knew the storm today would be awful since we had winds gusting to 40mph yesterday. I'm through it, but it's been amazing today. We've had to shuffle guests into our basement and patients into the hallways here. It was really horrible. I've never heard them say "orange alert for tornado" here even when the sirens are on. It means the tornado is on top of us. Not that conditions might be favorable. It's here. We made it, but we're cleaning up.

Y'all are in my thoughts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weather-lookout Eastern US!

Robin, I just talked to our daughter in Lebanon and
she said they didn't get much damage there.

I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs
right now. It is in Chattanooga so it bearing down on us.
Chattanooga is about 30 miles northwest of us.

o

We've a minor mess with part of a tree down. Nothing serious, though. Other parts of the valley does have damage. There was at least one tornado warning issued.

Welcome, April.

o

We lucked out, just a few branches down. The real mess started about 10 miles south. The rain came sideswise and it sounded like it would take the siding down. Power was out for a little while.

o

We didn't fare 100% well. We had to shut down the aiport because the tower had to be evacuated and flights diverted. One of the four-five (they're investigating this morning to decide officially) tornadoes landed just east of the airport. Power was out everywhere from the north to the south and the east to the west. And it is still out. Trees down everywhere. Chaos yesterday evening. In the western portion of Nashville, lightning is purported to have struck an apartment complex, setting it on fire! It's calmer this morning, just a lot of debris everywhere. The pictures are unreal with things like a trampoline wrapped around the top of an electrical pole. One school hurried the students into the hallway and when the teacher went back, she heard a "pop" which ended up being the roof being snapped off to her classroom.

How'd you end up Jan (if you still have power)?

What an awesome storm that was. It sounded awful. I never looked at it, staying away from windows. I am glad y'all are ok!

Here is a link that might be useful: gallery at WKRN

o

We stayed under a tornado warning for several hours and one
time I thought we were going to get it.
I heard some hail and then torrential rain for a few minutes,
lightening all over the place.

I had gone out earlier in the day and removed feeders etc.
that could blow away. I even moved my car over against my
neighbors house so if a tree had fallen it would be okay.

We never lost power and only that one time did we head for the hallway.

I hate storms!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here