Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deviled eggs are a vegetable in our house.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 17:26

Have to use up the 87 eggs we got while chicken sitting. Quiches, custards and bread pudding all use a lot of eggs and I have been eating 2 poached every morning.

Won't be any maiwein this year. Is there such a thing as aprilwein? Well, there is now. Our woodruff came through the mild winter in great shape and is blooming now. Stuck some sprigs in a bottle and we will wait a week.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deviled eggs are a vegetable in our house.

I was thinking of you last week and Maiwein, when my woodruff started blooming as well. It's in full glory now. I also wondered if the product from it would be Maiwein. LOL.

I packed up a poke of eggs for my husband to take in to church tonight, becaue I'm drowning in them too. In fact, I made french toast for b'fast and just stuck two huge sweet potato pies in the oven to use up more. Hey.....better too many eggs than not enough.

o

• Posted by Lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 19:27

Well I have evened out on the eggs, after a bunch of deviled and a couple of Flans and a very eggy bread pudding. I have a friend who supplies me.

As for the maiwein. Have always meant to do that.....fill me in! what kind of white wine.....and how many blossoms to a bottle?

And can I drink it clothed.....before the moon comes up?? LOL!
Linda C

o

maiwein and deviled eggs sounds like a good p_a_r_t_a_y.

o

sounds gassy to me

o

Party best held outside.

o

No, no, no! You must paint yourself blue. No clothing allowed.

:)

(broad grin!)

o

Getting pretty wild for GP.

o

I can see several blue UFOs,self propelling through space on the way to the moon. No gravety, so all things are lifted.

o

Seems that that party calls for a goat on a leash.

o

And chicken feathers and madeira, and hiding behind rocks. Ah, the good old days.

So, chicken feathers brings us back to eggs. I'd probably have frozen some of them. I freeze a certain number in a container with them beaten. Then after they freeze I pour a little water on top to seal the top of the eggs, protecting from freezer burn.

o

You want a goat? I'll loan you one of mine, take your pick.
Be nice, they are all nice goats
click on the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Goat Line up

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 16:28

Lilo, Facebook said "This content is currently unavailable". Since I'm not a Facebook member, is that why--or shall I try again, later? (I'm anxious to see your goats!) :>)

o

Try again later, they seem to have some problems at times transmitting pictures, the link I put in is furnished by Facebook in order for people to share their pictures stored on FB, so it's their technical problem, keep trying every once in a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here