Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_socal

What is on your bucket list?

don_socal
11 years ago

Mine...

1 Visit Sister in New Zealand and see that Island/country.

2.Visit friends and relatives most of whom I have not met in person, that includes the people here that will put up with me at least for lunch.

3. See many of the national and state parks and monuments again or for the first time.

There is more but those are the top 3.

Comments (9)

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

I lost my bucket.

IF you come this way on a Friday, drop by. We cook big on Fridays because #3 Son comes for lunch....always cook extra so don't need advance notice. The side door is always open.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

I've done the travel, brought the family to visit the relatives in the old country, the relatives came to visit us in the "new" country. I did that in my younger years and I'm so happy to have kept in touch.
    My bucket list is pretty local these days.
    Stay home and enjoy whatever I choose to do.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

My bucket is for the time being upside down in storage. Ours was brimfull with travel plans "after retirement", but with my husbands illness the bucket got emptied and a long reading list is about the only thing left, because I can do that at home.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

My bucket isn't lost, but it definitely has a hole in it! But I still dream of getting back to Banff, and reveling in the glory of the Canadian Rockies. Not sure it'll happen, b/c life keeps getting in the way, but it's fun to think about.

• endorphinjunkie
    11 years ago

Kona Iron Man. The great American novel. Traveling the world as a tourist. Simple, easy things like that.

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

growing the best dahlias ever here in Maryland

going back to Washington State for summer of '13

• pamven
    11 years ago

Africa!!!!

• meldy_nva
    11 years ago

My bucket varies according to mood.

I would like to travel the US in a self-contained mini-van. Not too likely given the rising cost of gas, but I can dream. There are a lot of places I'd like to see again, ranging from the redwoods to the Rockies to Old Faithful; and some I'd like to see for the first time such as Glacier Park and Puget Sound. I don't know how many of those blue-line roads still exist, but it would be fun to see what's changed in the past fifty years.

Another bucket would be to have some basic re-modelling done on this old house: put on the porch that was promised when it was first bought, change the bath to make it convenient and add another which would have a walk-in tub; and maybe, finally, get the long-promised solar-radiant heat. This bucket is actually possible.

I've outlived almost all of my old friends, but there are some newer friends scattered across the US. It would be great to see them again.

I'd like to see the bay of Fundy again and watch the bore rise. And walk through the Niagara Botanical Park again ~ this time without the tired 3 year old :) Thinking about the size of that park, maybe that bucket should contain a long summer visit.

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

Just gotta get myself relocated to wine country (basically anywhere approx. 1 hour north/northeast of San Francisco) while I'm still vertical. Workin' on it.

Karen