Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is on your bucket list?

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 18:09

Mine...

1 Visit Sister in New Zealand and see that Island/country.
2.Visit friends and relatives most of whom I have not met in person, that includes the people here that will put up with me at least for lunch.
3. See many of the national and state parks and monuments again or for the first time.

There is more but those are the top 3.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is on your bucket list?

I lost my bucket.

IF you come this way on a Friday, drop by. We cook big on Fridays because #3 Son comes for lunch....always cook extra so don't need advance notice. The side door is always open.

o

I've done the travel, brought the family to visit the relatives in the old country, the relatives came to visit us in the "new" country. I did that in my younger years and I'm so happy to have kept in touch.
My bucket list is pretty local these days.
Stay home and enjoy whatever I choose to do.

o

My bucket is for the time being upside down in storage. Ours was brimfull with travel plans "after retirement", but with my husbands illness the bucket got emptied and a long reading list is about the only thing left, because I can do that at home.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 20:43

My bucket isn't lost, but it definitely has a hole in it! But I still dream of getting back to Banff, and reveling in the glory of the Canadian Rockies. Not sure it'll happen, b/c life keeps getting in the way, but it's fun to think about.

o

Kona Iron Man. The great American novel. Traveling the world as a tourist. Simple, easy things like that.

o

growing the best dahlias ever here in Maryland

going back to Washington State for summer of '13

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 10:06

Africa!!!!

o

My bucket varies according to mood.

I would like to travel the US in a self-contained mini-van. Not too likely given the rising cost of gas, but I can dream. There are a lot of places I'd like to see again, ranging from the redwoods to the Rockies to Old Faithful; and some I'd like to see for the first time such as Glacier Park and Puget Sound. I don't know how many of those blue-line roads still exist, but it would be fun to see what's changed in the past fifty years.

Another bucket would be to have some basic re-modelling done on this old house: put on the porch that was promised when it was first bought, change the bath to make it convenient and add another which would have a walk-in tub; and maybe, finally, get the long-promised solar-radiant heat. This bucket is actually possible.

I've outlived almost all of my old friends, but there are some newer friends scattered across the US. It would be great to see them again.

I'd like to see the bay of Fundy again and watch the bore rise. And walk through the Niagara Botanical Park again ~ this time without the tired 3 year old :) Thinking about the size of that park, maybe that bucket should contain a long summer visit.

o

Just gotta get myself relocated to wine country (basically anywhere approx. 1 hour north/northeast of San Francisco) while I'm still vertical. Workin' on it.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here