Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Just a Warning!

agnespuffin
11 years ago

I thought a word to the wise might help someone.

We just spent a small fortune trying to get rid of a Malware invasion on my computer. It was a doozy.

It was supposed to come from Windows. It had the logo and everything to make it look correct. The name included the words "security". It stated that I had several bad viruses and that I should click "here" immediatly. Which I did. And that was all it took. I couldn't get off.

As I tried, it informed me that, not only had I passed on the virus, but my on-line banking account had been invaded. I don't have such an account. It sent me a long, long list of e-mail accounts that I had supposed to infected, a threat of prosecution because I had passed on copywrite protected material, and, of course, a site that I could order the program. It looked as if it cost only 19.99, but with the small print, the etc. and fees, the total was 99.99 and I still couldn't get off. I couldn't even turn the 'puter off. I had to unplug it from the wall.

Anyway, our favorite tech said that it was the first one like that she had seen. And it was a beaut!!! Everything was messed up. I can't remember the name, but if you copy it down, and then take that name and do a google on it. It will tell you how to deal with it. It started with "Windows______ _____"

So if you get a warning, supposed to be from Windows about a virus. Don't click on it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks
More Discussions