Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Rescuer Was A Marine

Posted by kathyjane z6VA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 18:57

Remember the story I told you about the woman and one of the two children drowning a few days back?

Listen to this part---the man who rescued the nine-year old boy, left before anyone could thank him. The news kept mentioning the anonymous man who couldn't be found.

Well, he finally came forward.

He is a Marine.
Very low-key and quiet.

He said as he was rescuing the boy, he had the woman's hair clenched in his other hand as she held the little girl.
The water pulled her hair through his fingers and she was gone. He and another man ran along the bank, but the water was just too fast.

Afterwards, the nine year old boy thanked him for saving his life. The Marine could only reach down and kiss his forehead.
He heard the little boy will be ten this weekend, so he left a special birthday card for him at the police station.

He lost his 18-month old daughter in
a drowning accident in 1995.
He said he didn't want another family
to go through what he had.

May there be peace some day for all the suffering families and friends across the nation who were hurt so cruelly by this horrible storm.

Man; I'm a tough old bird, but this one
really caught me off-guard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Rescuer Was A Marine

me too

o

Or losing children for any reason.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 0:04

Wow, I am speechless! So many aspects to this, will think about it for some time. Thanks for posting it, KJ

o

Oh, my. That hurts my heart. My best wishes to the boy, the hero who saved him and all concerned.

o

Thanks for posting this, it's heartwarming and sad at the same time.

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 7:25

Such loss, such pain. The US has really been hit hard this Spring with so many tragedies from these storms. Prayers for all who have suffered loss.
Mary

o

Thank you, every one of you----I sincerely believe every thought of compassion, every prayer is heard and all who have suffered through so much is helped in some way----they may not even know it, but the goodness has been released and sent their way.

--and gandle, you said so much in six words....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here