Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
People are smiling at me and

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 19:22

I'm not quite sure why but I have an idea.
It started about a month ago. First time was when I was in a store and a lady standing in line gave me a big grin, I grinned back just to be friendly. It has happened time and time again and although it was nice, I wondered why it was happening, so I thought back to what has changed in the last few weeks.
The only thing I could think of is that I bought a pair of new sneakers.
The photo is a selfie
Would you smile at a little old lady in new (very comfortable) sneakers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: People are smiling at me and

Why not? They are pretty and flashy, at least the shoelaces are - happy spring sneakers

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 21:15

I like them, WG; do you feel like you could 'run a mile' in them? If so, I'm going to buy some, too! :-)

o

I love them! They do make me smile.

Lilo, did you mean to speak in haiku? Made me giggle. You're a poet and I know it!

pretty and flashy
at least the shoelaces are
happy spring sneakers

o

I feel like I could run a mile in these shoes, but I sit down until the feeling goes away.Lol
We just spent three hours on running errands and my feet feel fine.

o

People most likely smile at you because you have a friendly face and the sneakers are secondary.

o

Love the laces, made me smile.

o

If I see a lady wearing the same type of shoe, I'll give her a smile and a nod. Ladies with pink laces are friendly.

o

When I read "ladies with pink laces are friendly", I thought how many pink laced ladies can there be? And then I had to eat crow... Happily! yesterday evening. I simply grinned from ear to ear as she walked her dogs past my house. I'm sure she thought I was nuts, but it sure made me think of you!

o

I bought the shoes at a national box store. The sales person said that they had sold hundreds of pair in less than a week.
I bet there are many , many of us pink lace ladies our there.
Smiles/

o

:)

and I'll be sure to notice every one of them, thinking of you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here