Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One day speccial: Quote 4/24/11

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 19:46

This week is open, I'll do one today

'We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the person who turns back soonest is the most progressive.~~~C.S.Lewis~~~�

Who is next?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One day speccial: Quote 4/24/11

Good one, Lilo! Thank you!

I'll do Monday---if I forget, someone holler, OK?

o

I like your quote. A lot of people have problems with backtracking.

o

Good one lilod. I'll use this as a metaphor for my life.
As a knitter I'm sorry to say that I'm familiar with the about-turn or when I find a mistake, unravel, frog it or rip it. What does a frog sound like? Rip-it, Rip-it. Then I do another cast on, and try again.

o
RE: One a day speccial: Quote 4/24/11

There is also a trick in knitting where you knit a "lifeline". That's when you know that your knitting is on course. You take a thin, different colored yarn and knit it into the fabric. You know that all is working well up to that point so if you make an error further up the project, all you have to do is frog it to that point. No need to frog the whole project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here