Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Computer

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 20:51

We had thought we might get a new computer, sooner or later, but the 'puter decided for us! For the last week or two, the screen would go black, then a bright blue screen covered with lots of instructions would appear with the message that our computer had shut down to prevent "fatal errors". The message stayed on the screen only about ten seconds, never long enough to read all that it said to do. Anyway, we decided to bite the bullet and get one sooner, rather than later.

DD, who is very computer literate, went shopping with me, and I came home with a wireless HP with a 23" Touch Screen Monitor, Windows 7, and more bells and whistles than I'll ever learn how to use! DD got it up and running and almost the first thing I did was find the GP and put it in the Favorites! First things, first, thank you very much.

Anyway, even though it's the same, it's different, but hopefully, I'll learn how to do not only what I had been doing, but new stuff, too. (The 23" screen is really wonderful for DH's and my tired, old eyes!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Computer

Congratulations! You shall have fun - the big screen will be a delight, I am sure.
Your old one apparently was ready to croak anyway, if it showed the "Blue Screen of death" - I know it wqell

o

Yes, congratulations. I went from a HP to a newer HP last year, some things were the same, but I did have a learning curve.
This is the first time I've heard about a "Touch Screen Monitor" on a computer. I have to look into that. Learning something new at the GP.

o

I had to get a new one too. The computer guys had told me my laptop was on its last legs and to let it go until it died. I was getting strange messages, something about checkdisk something or so, and the keyboard was dying, and I think the motherboard was about dead too, when I would plug in my mp3 player it would not charge or let me upload items.

This weekend everything kind of came to a head, so in between tornado storms I headed out to check out computers. I ended up with an HP too! But I just got a cheapest laptop one. I just needed something to let me surf at home.

o

Congrats on the new 'puters. Have looked at hose touch screen all in one piece setups and thought about getting one but a laptop would be my first choice.

o

How nice for you -- it sounds terrific!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here