Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A change of menu

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 21:02

Since just George and I were here for Easter dinner I bought a good looking pork roast, but when we opened the package it didn't smell right especially near the bone. So, for Easter dinner we had egg salad sandwichs and homemade mayonaisse on the bread. Oh, and tomato bisque made from home canned tomatoes. I'll take the receipt back Tuesday and get my money back. They never argue.

You know, that was a darn good Easter dinner and the company was good too, we are rather used to each other.

When your kids go to their kids house for holidays to enjoy their grandchildren well, that is O.K.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A change of menu

Joann and I cooked a 9 lb. ham for the two of us, Ron wasn't feeling well - all those meds he has to take sometimes make him feel worse than his ailments - had mashed potatoes and asparagus,it was a fine meal and the ham will make good leftovers and bone is good for soup.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 14:43

It was just DH and I for dinner, yesterday. Lilo, my ham was MUCH smaller than the one you cooked, just a quarter of one (less than 2 lbs), but there is still way too much left over. So, that's what we'll have, too--leftovers, maybe ham salad sandwiches, and freeze the rest. There was no bone, so guess I won't make soup. We had asparagus, too, with potato salad and crescent rolls and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. It all tasted pretty good! :>)

Leone, your egg salad sandwiches and tomato bisque, sounded good, too. You're right about the company improving the meal.

o

Since it was just us two for dinner, I got a small ham steak. Then came the invasion and they were wondering why we did not have a good big ham. Well, if they would have let us know that they planned to come, but no, just the doorbell ringing at 3 PM and I am supposed to have dinner for four more. Luckily I had a couple of large steaks in the freezer.

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 19:02

I did a leg of lamb. Only 2nd time I did one. Actually a 1/2 leg. With the bone in. We all decided that we like other kinds of meat better.

o

We're in the process of establishing new traditions. For 40+ years I have cooked and taken meals to SisIL's house; dinner for 6 to 18 (depending on how many of family were local). Now that SIL is in Colorado, DD is hostessing most getogethers. Her husband is a great cook, so I now only make a few side dishes instead the whole meal (yay!)

DD & SonIL share house with childhood friend ~ who was just diagnosed with having shingles. Doc said no visitors in house for 3 weeks. So a last-minute change of locale to SonIL's mother's house. Menu was ham, fresh asparagus sauted with garlic and pine nuts, mixed greens salad, potato salad, a marvelous fresh fruit salad, and crescent rolls. We all ate too much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here