Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

So long Posum

User
12 years ago

She has been having seizures for the last four or five months and started shutting down this last week. We took her in this morning.

{{gwi:155496}}

Comments (21)

• lilosophie
    12 years ago

RIP pretty cat! Your are a beauty - I said: you are, because your spirit is going to stay, we just don't see you - and you will be back - maybe in another coat, but Don and Mussy will know

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Oh, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to say goodbye.

• agnespuffin
    12 years ago

It's so hard, isn't it! She'll always be with you.

• gabriell_gw
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry.I really love cats and can imagine that you will miss her.Such a gentle, sweet kitty.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

I am so sorry. It's so hard when we have to let our beloved friends go but she always will be with you in your hearts.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry; even as my throat tightened at your words, her picture made me smile. She was beautiful.

• pamven
    12 years ago

Im so sorry Don...

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks my friends, we have had many come and go but each is special in their own way. She had a great personality.

• oscarthecat
    12 years ago

We had our Missy for 23 yrs. Tuff to say goodbye.

• coconut_nj
    12 years ago

Such beautiful coloring Don. Yes, they all touch you in certain ways. She even looks special. She's one who you can see her personality just by looking at her. I feel for you guys. Been there too many times. Sorry for your pain.

Steve, 23yrs. Wow, must have been very rough but such a great long time.

• gandle
    12 years ago

Sorry Don.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

So sorry. Been there and I feel for you both.

• pkramer60
    12 years ago

Hugs to you. Lilo said it best, Posum will be back.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

Bye Posum, you sweetie you! Love and hugs to Missy and Don.

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

What a beauty!! The loss is terrible but I'm glad you had such a long time together

The name minie that I use is from one of my long time buddy kitties

• calliope
    12 years ago

Beatiful creature. I also believe she will be close-by always. I sometimes see my beloved tabby Kitty Ko Chan at the corner of my eye when I am working in the g'houses. My other cat sees her as well. He went once to investigate and was quite puzzled she just was not there anymore.

She looked quite at home amid the lace and glassware and fancies. I suspect she tred amidst them quite carefully. I'm sorry.

• gmatx zone 6
    12 years ago

It is so hard to say goodbye to a loving pet. Posum was a beautiful girl. I'm sure her spirit will live on for you and Missy. Our precious Persian Bre allowed us to share her house for 21 years - I still miss her.

• gabriell_gw
    12 years ago

Just like Minnie the name I use is from my beautiful late cat,Gabriell.

• jazmynsmom
    12 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss, Don. Cats have a way of becoming so entwined with our lives, and imprinted on our hearts. It's hard to say goodbye. She was a beautiful creature, and seems to have been aptly named. :o)

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you again my friends,your words are a treasure to us. So many pet lovers on here how could that not happen.

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

Don and Missy I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to
    another member of your family.
    Beautiful photograph, Missy, you've captured her soul.

I think about you often. You are special.