Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The end of school was eagerly awaited

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 22:38

Not because I didn't like school, I did, but on the last day of school when I got home I got to take off my shoes and go barefoot the rest of the summer. Don't remember getting tetanus shots but I must because I walked in the lot where the horses were all the time and guess that is a good place to get lockjaw.

When Sunday came I had to put on shoes and shine them to go to church, always wished people didn't have to wear shoes to church.

By the end of summer my feet had outgrown the shoes but I had to wait for school to start to get a new pair that fit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The end of school was eagerly awaited

Tennis shoes, 98 cents. Steve in Stevens County.

o

What memories!

A couple of weeks ago, I was telling an incredulous child (probly 15 or so) that our feet would get as hard as hooves over the summer.

The look on her face told me that she thought that I'd lost my mind!

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 21:22

Lets see. I had leather school shoes, which got resoled once or twice. And polished on saturday morning, a daughter/dad thing. Patent leather church shoes. And tennis shoes. Keds. Oh and a pair of flip flops for the swimming pool at the city park. 4 pairs. Seemed like plenty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here