Quote: Monday, 4/4/11

Posted by kathyjane z6VA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 23:18

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
- John Hubbard (1973-)

"The greatest strength is gentleness."
- Iroquois Proverb

I still can feel a sense of relief for the few times

I actually kept my mouth shut when I should have.

The times I didn't, still make me wince.

KJ

Mapmaking is older than writing.

The international telephone dialing code
for Antarctica is 672

Out of all US cities, Washington DC has the most psychiatrists per capita.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote: Monday, 4/4/11

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 10:10

Good ones! The first one is true, I just realized that!
Pandora is playing "Hallelujah" it get me beklempt, nice way to start the morning, dontcha know

o

I live by seasons too, the years I gave up a while back.

I thought I could find some way out facts, but you beat me. Now who could I call in Antarctica?

o

Would you belive, when I used to sell cars, we sold a couple to a fellow who was part of the U.S Antartica Expedition, 'way back?! Really interesting, quirky fellow, who also used to love racing---was badly burned years ago from a racing calamity.

He said New Zealand was where they'd go for R&R and for medical procedures,and it was an all-out crazy, wonderful place. He'd always get this far-off look when he'd talk about those days.
The few New Zealanders I know, always seem so ALIVE and run on a higher octane
than home folks, for real!

o

Hope you get this..Comcast is playing havoc with all our computers.
Both your quotes are super. Today it hit 70 and I was out playing in the dirt..pure heaven and the best therapy I could have had.

In today's world of so many people thinking they have to share every thought that crosses the mind,it's sometimes embowering to just let them blather on and bite your tongue. Besides,it makes you look smarter!

o

Man; Marda, is it ever good to hear from you!!!
Glad you got to play in the dirt----Are the Violets driving you nuts, yet?
We have TONS this year!---I'm leaving 'em be; they're so pretty---little stinkers!
OK, maybe you know----I have a plant that looks like Quince, but it doesn't have thorns and didn't drop fruit in the Fall.
I had a piece in with Forsythia for Nursing Home Church Sunday and our minister (DSIL's brother) yelped,
"I know what that is! Mom always grew it and
she called it Japonica!"
He was so excited and happy---I'd never heard of it before and was wondering if you might know. Yes; I'm too lazy to look it up...........:o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here