Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 4/3/11

Posted by kathyjane z6VA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 23:53

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
Dr. Seuss

"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.
Eleanor Roosevelt

When in doubt or in a quandry,
there is nothing like a cup of coffee
and a walk in the garden.
KJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 4/3/11

I have to do a small job for a lady that teaches first grade today, her last name is Horton. We had a giggle together on the phone last night when she called and I teased her about her name. Fun conversation.

Eleanor quotes are always spot on.

Having my cupa now and will soon be out there.

o

Good morning, KJ!
Eleanor was a wise Lady and Dr. Seuss knew a thing or two, and you are spot on with the cup of coffee - having my fist sip right now.

o

Dr. Seuss is always fun and Eleanore Roosevelt is my favorite First Lady, she had more good sense then most people.
Is having a cup of tea on my walk ok? I hope so. Discovered on my morning stroll that my front yard needs urgently a haircut.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 13:56

Jeepers, KJ! Were you walking in your garden at 23:53? No, that's when your quote was posted, but you still may have been out there in the dark!

I hope you know I'm teasing you! Your quote is sound thinking, right along with Dr. Seuss and Eleanor.

o

Thanks, Guys!
mwheel----I LOOOVVE being in the garden at night----except sometimes when I'm walking home ---sometimes it's scary and I call DD on the cell phone and have her 'talk' me home!
It really IS scary sometimes---especially in the late Summer, when the garden throws off her sense of decorum and goes just plain WILD and everything growing does exactly as it pleases and creatures make noises in the dark and it's all a wild party and I'm not invited. Pooey.
and if anyone wants to talk about being scared of the dark---speak up!!!

o

Where is the woman who used to run naked on the golf course? You, afraid of the dark? Don't believe it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here