Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 5 - 6 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 0:01

The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
Epictetus

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche

In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.
Lao Tzu

Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even.
Horace

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 5 - 6 -13

The truth has not changed over the centuries, good advise on how to live your life.
Hemingway made me laugh, he was a bit of an expert on that aspect.

o
RE: quotes 5 - 6 -13

You hit a home run with the quotes today, Don,I Iike all of them.
Especially, Epictetus, and Horace and all of them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here