Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 5/17

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 0:09

A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.
Kurt Vonnegut (The Sirens of Titan)

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things.
Kurt Vonnegut

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
Kurt Vonnegut

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 5/17

All three quotes are interesting ones... really like the middle one.

I was taught to look for beauty in unexpected places, in empty city lots, in barren landscapes.
In finding beauty, my heart was opened towards a love for life itself I may not have known otherwise.
Thank you, Mom.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 15:45

I know little about Kurt Vonnegut, but am impressed by the depth and introspection of his quotes. Thanks, Lilo, for teaching me something new.

KJ, as it did for you, the middle quote really hits home with me. 99% of the time, I find that simple, everyday, ordinary things are what really matter.

o

The middle quote keeps me going on a daily basis, otherwise it would get overwhelming.

Worse is realizing that your kids' classmates, the ones whose noses you wiped, are now in charge.

o

Anne; This blew me away----don't know whether to laugh or cry!! :o)
Worse is realizing that your kids' classmates, the ones whose noses you wiped, are now in charge.

o

I wonder who Kurt Vonnegut hung out with that he worried so much about them running the country.
I have had the good fortune in that I've lived in our town for more that 40 years and I know some of the people, from grade school to high school, to college, to local politicians and they are good people.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here