Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 5 - 14 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 0:16

Some of our most exquisite murders have been domestic, performed with tenderness in simple, homey places like the kitchen table.
Alfred Hitchcock

You know, you really can't beat a household commodity - the ketchup bottle on the kitchen table.
Adlai E. Stevenson

Back in the '40s and early '50s, building simple electronic projects was a popular hobby of many people. Back then, you could buy, you know, a few parts and - with tubes and build something on your kitchen table, and it would actually work.
Robert Moog

Women oftentimes are the ones making those economic decisions, sitting around the kitchen table and trying to figure out how to pay for rising gas prices or food prices or the health insurance costs. And I think that they see where they expect their leaders in Congress to also make those tough decisions.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers

Listen to the women. Women say exactly what they want. Who has concrete plans - not macroeconomics but kitchen table economics. Who will change the situation for their families, and help restore the middle class. Women are also sick to death of having their bodies and their lives treated as a political football.
Celinda Lake

When I was in fourth grade, a novelist came to talk to my English class. She told us that being an author meant sitting at the kitchen table in pajamas, drinking tea with the dogs at your feet.
J. Courtney Sullivan

I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.
Rodney Dangerfield

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 5 - 14 - 14

The kitchen table used to be the hub of family life, but it is disappearing. Replaced by the breakfast bar and hit and run meals, everyone concentrating on their phones, pads or whatever.

o

Lol, setting aside the drama of Alfred Hitchcock and Rodney Dangerfield I'll say that I love my kitchen table and the fond memories of all the times around the kitchen table.
That's where we end up eventually.

This post was edited by west_gardener on Wed, May 14, 14 at 18:00

o

What would we have done without the kitchentable. Besides a place for eating, it was during the day a safe haven for us little ones to play, the dog and cat to stay away from feet, the place for homework and crafts and the conference table to address the world's woes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here