Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 5/17 2012

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 0:40

A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste, really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys. ~Barbara Holland

If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much. ~Mark Twain

Your cat will never threaten your popularity by barking at three in the morning. He won't attack the mailman or eat the drapes, although he may climb the drapes to see how the room looks from the ceiling. ~Helen Powers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 5/17 2012

Catalogical

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 7:16

Good ones, Lilo! (What time do you go to bed?) :>)

o

mwheel - remember, I am in California, it's around 9 o'clock when I put the quotes up - I go to bed around 11 o'clock :>)

o

Never try to figure out what a cat's routine is. The moment you think you know, the cat changes it, especially if you menion it to another family member.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 19:10

Lilo, does that mean messges are posted on EST? I didn't know that. (BTW, I wasn't trying to discern your bedtime habits, I was just curious!) :>)

o

I love cats and those quotes are wonderful. Thanks.

o

Mwheel, yes, messages are posted on EST, so when I get up ealy in the morning, you folks back East have had your cofee and breakfast already, but it's hard for me to be late with quotes if I can get them out before bed-time, and then, if I want to, sleep in (doesn't happen, cats and dog will see to that).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here