Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 5 - 28 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 0:49

"There will come a day, I promise you, and your parents as well, when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. It will happen," he said. "My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I'm telling you it will come."

Vice President Joe Biden

Here is a link that might be useful: Biden reflects on tragic loss in speech to military families

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 5 - 28 - 12

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 28, 12 at 7:44

I saw this clip on the news and was touched by his sympathy and empathy. Often, I think Mr. Biden thinks before he speaks. This time, he did not, probably because it was spoken from his heart.

I offer my thanks and appreciation to any and all who have served in our country's military forces, especially to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I have a family member among that group.

o

Yes, Mr. Biden has been known to speak before he thinks, but that man has passion and it shows in his speaches.

o

As a parent who has lost three children, after a number of years we usually remember the great times we had together. Those memories, thankfully, come first. Then the sense of deep loss sets in. I don't think that can eaver be erased by time. You say, if he had lived or if she had lived etc.

o

I too saw VP Biden on TV and have to thank him for his words. Sometimes you feel like you should not laugh about the funny things which happened but you do and the sorrow comes later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here