Are surrounding me"

A glass of wine to celebrate

The new moon

Darkness fell, as it usually does

This time of night

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eclipse/ew Moon Poem

Like it, Lilo. We here were not in the sighting area and if we would have been, we would have had clouds too. Did the last two times.
But I also remember the kind of eerie silence at a time of day when animals should make all kinds of noise.

o

Thanks for the poem, lilo. I missed the whole thing because I was under the weather. Your poem described it well.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 22, 12 at 7:23

From the pictures we saw on TV, it must have been spectacular; if it had been visible in our area, we wouldn't have seen it, either, b/c it's been been cloudy and drizzly for two days--and maybe wll be most of this week. However, the water table is still 4" below what it should be for this time of year, so it's needed. Sure does make the grass and flowers grow!

o

Good poetry -- we watched most of it through a piece of black glass, with some clouds obscuring the very end.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here