Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 5 - 3 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 1:31

It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia.
Frank Zappa

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Khalil Gibran

A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding.
Isaac Newton

I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake.
Rene Descartes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 5 - 3 -13

I am with Zappa, paperwork combined with bureaucracy will do it.

o

There is more paperwork in this "paperless" society, it's a paradox that makes me crazy sometimes.
On a more serious level, I like all three quotes following.

o

I like all of the quotes for today. Actually they made me smile because I think they reflect today's society.
Frank Zappa ,Khalil Gibran, isaac Newton and Rene Descartes , all in one post. Lol, I think we'll survive today's issues.
Thanks Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here