Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_socal

quotes 5 - 13 - 14

don_socal
9 years ago

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
Thomas Merton

Honestly, I just go to restaurants to eat so I won't die. If there was a pill I could take in January and then I wouldn't have to eat again for the rest of the year, I would take it. Of course, I wouldn't want to sacrifice my chocolate cake and ice cream.
Steven Wright

People sacrifice the present for the future. But life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Further devastation of the air, land and sea is obviously a very real possibility, unless the attitudes of politicians and all who irresponsibly exploit our natural resources change significantly in the very near future and all collaborate and sacrifice for the good of the planet.
Viggo Mortensen

The important thing is this: to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Comments (4)

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

All are good. Viggo Mortenson speaks truth and I always get a chuckle out of Steven Wright's quirkiness

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

Got to agree with Lilo.

• mawheel
    9 years ago

I'm in agreement, too. Anyone who can't see that climate change is already occurring , must have their heads in the sand! Maybe when that 'sand' covers them and they can't dig out, they'll realize they were wrong!

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

Great quotes, Don.
    I also agree with Mortenson.
    All I have tp do now is trying to mesh the Hanh and the Yogi quotes. I'm of two minds on those.Lol.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions