Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote: 5/7/11

Posted by kathyjane z6VA (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 11 at 8:19

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Dr. Robert Schuller

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm."
...Henry David Thoreau

There was a 20-some young man headed for the bank entrance slightly ahead of some older folks yesterday. I watched as he hesitated at the door, wanting to come in unfettered, but seeing the right thing to do meant waiting to hold the door. From my position, I saw the options play across his face. He resigned himself to holding the outer set of doors and as they gratefully came through, he slowed even more and held the inner set, also.

Since I'd seen he had had to CHOOSE the right thing to do,
I gave him a thumbs up and said, "Good job, young man!"
as he passed by me.
When he came out, he practiced becoming an adult once more.
He said to me, "You have a good day, Ma'am."

I thought to myself,
"His Mom received TWO Mother's Day gifts today."
KJ

When you smile at another, you not only take a load off their shoulders for a moment, but your own shoulders feel lighter, also
KJ

---Thanks for listening to me blather away....:o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote: 5/7/11

What do you mean: blather away? I, and I am surely not the only one, appreciate your stories, your insights and the bit of yourself you give to quote week nd your other posts.
Thank you for being you, KJ

o

Keep on keeping on KJ Steve in Stevens County

o

You always seem to know what I need on any given day. Thanks for this week and keep on doing what you do so well.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 7, 11 at 14:06

KJ, thanks for a great week of posts and your own thoughts, too. You have a special way of putting words together.

o

Aw, shucks, ya'll---(scraping foot back and forth--naw, no cat poop this time, just scraping my foot back and forth, that's all... :o)

We all inspire each other--- it's the truth!

o

Enjoyed thepost, thanks KathyJ.

o

Aw, shucks, ya'll---(tracing boot path back and forth--naw, not cat poop this time, just my foot moving back and forth, that's all... :o)

We all inspire each other--- it's the truth!

o

--This computer is high, or I am, one or the other!

I had a wonderful dinner at my younger daughter's house tonight---evidently it was more than I could handle!!!
GUFFFFAWWWW!

Hey; do most of you folks eat regularly?
--Just askin'.
I truly forget to eat; I was wondering if others are like that, also?!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 9, 11 at 14:05

Forget to eat? Are you kidding?!!! Not me! I seiously doubt that will ever happen--untill I've "thrown off this mortal coil"--or something like that! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here